What you get
Trainers need a range of communications skills and styles to both meet different participant learning styles and to vary their communication over time to hold participant attention. Trainers should not only master these skills, but also know when to apply and adjust them
By the end of this workshop, you will have:
- Learned the value of training and how it helps individuals and organizations
- Found out about learning styles of individuals and various learning theories
- Known how to design a training course
- Learned the main do’s and don’t s of delivering a successful course
- Practiced preparing and delivering short presentations on course
- Understood how to get feedback and advice from the trainer and peers
- Blueprint prepared for your continued improvement as a trainer
You need to ask these questions
- Are you able to listen without bias or judgment?
- Do you respect the opinions of others even when they disagree with you?
- Are you comfortable dealing with conflict?
- Can you think on your feet?
If you answered ‘No’ to any of the above question. You need this input to transform yourself into high impactful trainer.
Total loaded slides: 155